Gift ideas for a new family
Remember having a newborn? Remember what was useful during that craziness?
Nah, me neither. Luckily I made some notes in those hazy days of what I found helpful or things I wish I had...
- Washing up
- Changing the sheets
- Walking the dog
- Washing the floors
- Making a cup of tea
- Making a meal
- Looking out for signs of something more than baby blues...take a look at the NHS page before popping over and see if your pal might need some professional help. You're not expected to do the fixing.
- Bringing over easy snacks
- Thermal mug
- Pajamas / kimono
- Vest tops (for breastfeeding)
- Cooling nipple pads
- Lanolin or other nipple balm that's safe for babies to ingest
- Mothers milk tea
- Lactation snacks, or as I like to call them, snacks
- Humidifier, handy if baby has a cold / blocked nose
- Haakaa silicon breastpump, handy for catching let down on the other side from feeding
- sitz bath mixture
- No pressure, no judgement
- Moisturiser/balms to soothe scars &/or stretch marks
- Water bottle with a sports cap. For keeping in the toilet. To ease the stinging. You're not gonna find it on Etsy any time soon, but bloody useful and I'll bet she'll be thanking you.
- And listen, just listen
And, if you've got enough going on in your own hectic days, you could always send them a Mother Mother Doula Voucher for some hours of postnatal care, ahem.
What did you find helpful? Please comment with anything you can think of! Or if you agree or disagree with anything in my list, I would love to hear from you.